Make 2015 your healthiest year yet!
Small, manageable changes can boost your health and happiness and inspire those around you to do the same. Here are 10 ways to improve your health:
- Ditch soda. Try switching to club soda—you’ll enjoy the same effervescence without the sugar or calories.
- Make a doctor’s appointment. Make room in your schedule for recommended health screenings. They can detect problems in their earliest, most treatable stages.
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes. Use a timer or play a song to get used to brushing for the full amount of time.
- Wash your hands. It’s one of the best ways to keep yourself healthy and prevent the spread of germs.
- Take a break. Just five minutes for a quick walk or moment of quiet can help relieve stress.
- Protect your skin. Use sunscreen daily—it may already be in products you use!
- Make your lunch. You’ll save thousands of calories (not to mention dollars) over the year by bringing your lunch instead of buying it.
- Eat one more serving of fruit. Whether fresh, frozen, dried or canned, chances are you have opportunities to add fruits or vegetables to your meals.
- Set the stage for better sleep. Keep your bedroom cool, dark and quiet and keep work, computers and television out of the bedroom to promote optimal sleep.
- Avoid secondhand smoke. And if you smoke, quitting is one of the best steps you can take toward better health. Smoking cessation aids can help.