Grilled Chili-Rubbed Pork Kabobs with Peach Salsa
Savory pork skewers with a fresh peach salsa are a great way to liven up dinner. You can bring a bit of summer to your plate by using frozen peaches when they’re not in season.
Serve over a salad, couscous or nestled in a warm pita. Serves 6.
|Fresh or frozen peach slices (diced)||1½ cups|
|Fresh tomatoes (diced)||½ cup|
|Onions (diced)||½ cup|
|Cilantro (chopped)||¼ cup|
|Lime juice||2 tablespoons|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Pork loin, boneless (trimmed of excess fat)||1½ pounds|
|Chili powder||2 tablespoons|
|Salt and black pepper||½ teaspoon each|
- Combine peaches, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, pepper flakes and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Mix until evenly combined.
- Set aside and let marinate for at least one hour so the flavors can combine.
- Cut pork into 1½-inch cubes.
- Toss with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper until coated with spices.
- Place pork on skewers, four cubes per skewer. If you do not have skewers, you can cook on the stovetop with a bit of oil.
- Grill or roast skewers at medium heat until fully cooked. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends a minimum temperature of 145 degrees for pork loin.
- Top pork skewers with peach salsa.
Make it a meal.
- Serve pork and peach salsa on a garden salad.
- Steam couscous and top with the pork and peach salsa.
- Try a new kind of sandwich by adding pork and salsa to a pita with fresh lettuce.